Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanksgiving

Life is short.

I just knew from Facebook that one of my Sunday school teacher had just passed away. Well, it's during October and I didn't even know that for the past 2 months.

When I read the testimonies of her daughter, I was captured by the words. Words of God are really powerful in the sense that they will give us hope and comfort when we are in a difficult situation. I was really upset at the first moment coz all the time I just try to avoid these stuffs.

Thinking of my family. Losing 2 men who impacted my life. I wonder whether I am healed from the pain. Watching some shows, seeing how people have a complete family. My heart just feels sad. It is undeniable that I have a great time in my family, just that sometimes I will still miss them.

In this year, I get lots of question about my dad. Sometimes, I will share the testimony with them. Sometimes, I even get perturbed by the whole incidents. Thinking back to the past that happened in my family, I believe that God has arranged it perfectly. These are the things that make me and my family to have a total dependence on Him. Although my childhood or teenhood was partly comprised of fear and sadness, I still thank Him for guiding me. I can never imagine that I can have the chance to study in Canada.

Going to church. Become more serious about my own religion. I just have to say: God really sort things up for me. I was just touched right now by the testimonies. And, I know what my new year resolution will be.

Having her as my Sunday school teacher is a lovely gift from God to me! Thanks! I shall catch up with her soon. Sometimes later.

2 comments:

Hexen Ong said...

Long time no see mathew =)

It's hard to lose someone you care,bt keep in mind that they are at a better place now, as long as you rmb them, they will continue to live in your memories too =)

Hope to get a chance to catch up with you! =D

Hexen Ong said...

n Let's jia you together in getting close to God! =D