Saturday, July 12, 2014

Stranger in Melb.

It's been a week since I arrived in this new city.

So, you  might wonder what's my reaction towards it. Well, to be honest, I like the vibe of this city. It is always crowded, and you can find some pretty awesome stuff over here!

Tuesday was the day when I first met with my supervisor. It was a very daunting experience and I had nothing much to talk. Feeling intimidated and even inferior, I left his office. At that time, I was helpless. I kept pondering whether I've made the right decision.

One day after, another friend of mine had just arrived. We walked, walked and walked. Yes, it was a long, long journey. However, I was thankful for that because it helped me to relax for a bit. I guess I've been pushing myself a little too hard these days.

Time flies, and it came to Thursday. I dragged myself to Brad's doorstep. All I can recall was that I kept on nodding my head. My heart was bumping faster and faster. In order to stay calm throughout the conversation, I've been pressing the cap of my pen until I can feel the slight pain on my fingertip. I was introduced to some other colleagues. Then, we went in the lab and I started to learn some new techniques.

Friday was supposed to be a good, good day. I felt exhausted and stressful. I was worried. And, I kept telling myself that God is in control. I just have to seek Him and wait earnestly.

In fact, I just ended my Saturday with some "smashing" stuffs. I toured around the city with my mates, and we managed to find our way in this busy city.

Overall, I am still thankful for everything. I can't wait to see what my future has in store for me.

Cheers,
Mathew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. I couldn't find your email so I am leaving a comment to u. Hope to hear soon. Thanks! Ps: this is NOT a spam yah haha :)